Fibre Reinforced Plastic (FRP) composites are structural materials which have been successfully used in many industries for over 50 years. Theyconsist of a fibre which carries the stress loading and a resin which transfers the stress between the fibres and protects them. There are a various generic types of fibres and resins available and these are selected based on the performance characteristics needed in the structural material.
Fibre-reinforced plastics are best suited for any design program that demands weight savings, precision engineering, finite tolerances, and the simplification of parts in both production and operation.
Key Features of FRP :
- Corrosion Resistant, No rust or need for painting or reclading.
- High Strength to Weight Ratio, 2/3 the weight of aluminum, 1⁄4 the weight of steel
- Non-Conductive (prevents shorting out electrical equipment)
- Customizable, Ability to form complex Shapes & Designs
- Minimal or no Maintenance.
- Cost Effective, Fast execution.